Wednesday, August 18, 2004

I shouldn't ponder things

So something similar to the van coincidence happened the other night. I was walking down 29th Street, somewhere between Lex and 2nd Aves to go to the movies. I noticed this little carriage house, and thought to myself, I wonder how much it is to rent a place like that. I also took time to notice that in the windows above the carriage doors the resident had lined up a bunch of different colored glass bottles.

After the movie I walked down the same street to get to the train. Suddenly all these fire trucks come tearing around the corner. I assumed they were going back to the fire house that was on that block. But as I walked on, I saw crowds of people milling about. As I walked by the carriage house, I realized that the door was ajar, and it was that house that the firemen were in such a hurry to get to.

Am I bad luck? Should I pay less attention to things so that they are not cursed?

No comments: