Sunday, December 26, 2004

best pickup line ever

So the other day I discovered the best pickup line ever.

I was out shopping for a Christmas Gift. I decided to get a set of ramekins, a creme brulee cookbook and a little flame torch. But all the cook's version ones at Bed Bath and Beyond and whatnot were expensive or came with ugly ramekins (and I'd already bought cute ones).

So off to Home Depot I went in search of a real blow torch. I walked up to the first employee I saw and asked him where to find blow torches. He was immediately smitten. He couldn't speak. After a few "uh, um, er"s he pointed me in the direction of the "sdhsjk asdvsdofi." After repeating it a few times I realized he was saying "the Tool Corral" So off I went.

I was with my brother and he was making fun of the guy for being so flustered. I thought it was cute. So ladies, if you ever want to pick up a man, go to the Home Depot and ask for blow torches. I wonder if the effect is because of the nature of the tool, or just that it includes the word "blow"...?

No comments: