Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Accidental AA

I was waiting for a friend the other day, and decided to take a seat on some church steps that looked particularly clean and had a bunch of other people sitting on them. As I am sitting there, I notice that pretty much all of the people are smoking, and wonder to myself if they are some rebellious bible study kids or something. The other people obviously know each other, and one girl is telling a guy about her job and the classes she is taking. She says "Marsha is so ambitious, she really jumps into whatever she is doing. She is the one that encouraged me to go to college." To which the guy says, "Marsha is your sponsor?" At that moment I realize this group of clean cut kids is not in fact waiting for their Bible study to start, but their AA meeting. I of course can't immediately jump up because that would be insulting to them (like the subway story I posted before), so I sit there for another minute. Some guy rides by on a bike and says, "Oh hey guys! I always forget about the 7:30 meeting, I always go to the 8:30 one." Having confirmed the purpose of this small church step crowd, I get up and walk across the street to pretend to browse in the windows of the Tibetan shop there. Luckily my friend came downstairs before the people went into their meeting, or they would have thought I had wanted to attend with them, but had chickened out. Or so dictated my "I care what strangers think of me" mentality.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there. Kinda busy, but looking for information on bonds. Nice blog, good info. Maybe visit my site if you're looking for bonds related material bonds. Thanks

Anonymous said...

I have been following a site now for almost 2 years and I have found it to be both
reliable and profitable. They post daily and their stock trades have been beating
the indexes easily.

Take a look at Wallstreetwinnersonline.com

RickJ

Anonymous said...

I have been following a site now for almost 2 years and I have found it to be both
reliable and profitable. They post daily and their stock trades have been beating
the indexes easily.

Take a look at Wallstreetwinnersonline.com

RickJ