Sunday, February 19, 2006

Friday - Sunday in AZ

On Friday morning I headed out to Tucson to visit Mindy. It was a long drive but I made it in time for dinner at a Mexican restaurant (Charro's) and meeting up with some friends of hers.
Photobucket
windmills on the drive to arizona

I stayed with her at her parent's house Friday and Saturday night. It was good catching up with her and meeting her Tucson crowd. I was able to take care of some errands (such as shipping back some purchases and souveniers) while in Tucson since it was a less crowded schedule.

Photobucket
katie and mindy!

On Saturday morning Mindy had to work, so I went up to Mesa to see Jon, Lisa and Aislyn Boggs. Aislyn is such a little doll! They had a wedding to go to, so I headed back out to Tucson just in time to catch another beautiful desert sunset

Photobucket
sunset

Saturday night we went out to dinner with her mom to a nice restaurant called Elle in Tucson.

Sunday morning I packed up the car and my things, had a liesurely breakfast at Mindy's. As I was getting ready to drive away from Mindy's two little quails chased each other across the road! Finally, I headed off to Vegas for my flight home, again amazed by the scenery. It was a long drive (including passing the Hoover Dam) and I was nervous I would miss my flight, but it was delayed for over an hour. I sat watching the Olympics and planned to do this blog, but my computer battery was dead! Finally made it on the plane (a Song flight which I love for their tvs at each seat).

Photobucket
neat clouds

All in all I drove over 2000 miles!
Photobucket

No comments: