Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Tuesday - Back in LA!

Tuesday morning I woke up at the hostel around 5am and headed back to LA to get there by 8am for The Price is Right. The sunrise was beautiful, and at one point I came around a bend and the view (of a bay and mountains) was like a Monet painting, all pink and blue and green.

I met my sorority sister Cristina there. We had some time to kill so we sat at a cafe in the mall next to the CBS studios. Finally at about 2pm we got called in for the pre-show interviews (used to decide who gets on the show) apparantly you need to be bonkers to get called on. Then the taping started. It was a lot of fun, although NOBODY won anything! (71st time in the show's history). Bob Barker was funny, and as he left the stage I got to shake his hand! The show airs(ed) Thursday, Feb 23rd , and I am sure you will see me as 2 people in my section were called and I high-fived them as they ran to contestants' row.

After the taping Christina and I had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. I did a little shopping and then Jody came and met me for dinner (he ate, I was stuffed from lunch still) and we had some wine. We had to sit at the bar in the restaurant though, since it was packed for Valentine's Day.

Photobucket
random duck at the mall

No comments: