Thursday, February 09, 2006

January/February Bought/Read List

Books Bought
Here is New York by E.B. White

Books Read
Here is New York by E.B. White
One Man's Meat by E.B. White
The WPA Guide to New York CIty

So I was watching Sex and the City one night, and Carrie quoted E.B. White, who wrote "No one should come to New York to live unless he is willing to be lucky." I thought that was a great quote, so looked up where is came from, which brought me to the fabulous tribute to the city called "Here is New York." It was listed by the New York Times as one of the ten best books written about the city, so I went ahead and checked it out from the library, along with other E.B. White books and some other top books about New York City. I am enjoying reading about the city in the 30s and 40s, so much and so little has changed.

No comments: